Monday, September 24, 2012

Seeing thru new eyes


Something I noticed today as I was traveling.  I stopped and had lunch with one of the guys in Knoxville at Wendy's.   And I ended up people watching as I picked thru my salad, yep, one of my old reliable stops while traveling, I had a salad.  But that was not what I noticed... The thing that amazed me was how people sat there and shoved food in.  Not looking not enjoying just engulfing.  It was everywhere, and just a month ago, I know I was doing the same thing when I ate.  
Then I met another one of the guys in Chattanooga at Sams Club.  His family met us there and they decided to have dinner there.  Now I am not judging at all, it's not my place, a month ago I would have enjoyed the same.  But after 24 days of eating differently, Almost clean, but 100% dairy free and almost 100% gluten free.  Looking at the oversized greasy pizza dripping in grease and cheese, and the oversized hotdogs, that people all sizes where jamming in their mouths I was in shock.  I had never really looked or should I say really seen how people eat, and I know I was one that was doing the same thing.
But while everyone was eating, I caught myself talking the whole time about DDPYoga and my journey and the little that I have learned thus far to the wife.  I was getting very emotional about DDPYoga, I didn't make any apologies and she was genuinely interested so tonight I will send them the links for them to check it out for themselves.  But the thing I learned tonight was where I was just a short time ago.  And where I will never go back to.
As I told my coworkers wife, I feel clean and bright, it is the only way I could describe how I feel since making the change in my life just a short 24 days ago.
Dairy free, gluten free, and full of DDPYoga energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment