Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Engage your life


So I have been streaking with my DDPYoga this month.  Now I am not here to toot any horns about it.  But something I have been noticing during this, what I am calling my Diamond month, has led me to some other observations.  Ya I know what else is new.

Anyway, I started this month out planning on doing Diamond Cutter every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  But somewhere along the way I changed my own schedule and choose to do DC every day.  Now this started on the 14th, again this is not a bragging blog it is what I chose to do.  But a thought came to me, a quote, I probably saw it on my timeline in a graphic.  But for some reason it kinda stuck this time;

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” - Bruce Lee

So that is what led me to where I'm at with my workouts.  I am also on my "Road to DDPYoga Retreat Extravaganza 2014".  But that is not what prompted this batch of bubbles.   You see we hear it all the time if you are doing DDPYoga... "Engage" we know that is key to the workouts and it really does work.  Every morning I feel stronger with my DC.  But then that got me thinking a bit more.  You see I have added a playlist to my workouts and a bit more attitude to them which has me "Engaging" more and I feel like I am getting stronger every day.  But what am I missing?  There is more to it. 

This is one of the side effects of DDPYoga.  It fits for every life, no matter where you are in it.  We have heard the phrase "Live Life at 90%", and "Own Your Life".  I know I toss them out on FB and Twitter, I learned them from DDP.  But something else I have learned, that may be intentional or may not be from Dallas was the "Engaging" part.  You see I know that I am guilty of this, I get a singular focus sometimes and toss myself into something 200%.  And not to say that is a bad thing, cause it's not.  But something else has to lose out.  See we are all to blame for this one from time to time.  We stop engaging in some part of life. 
Our lives are full of opportunities if only we took the time to engage in them.  Sometimes it's the little things that we just brush off that may not mean much to us, but to someone else it could mean the world to.  If we took a moment and engaged ourselves in life then maybe those little things could be some of our most treasured parts of our lives.




So the next time you "Hulk it up" or "Get Strong", make some noise.  And do this not just during your workout, but in your life too.  Get your blood pumping and "Breathe & Believe".  Life is not just one singular event but a compilation of everything all together.





So yet another lesson learned along my DDPYoga journey.  (Thanks Dallas)

Remember... Not only in your workouts but also in your everyday life...

"Have fun with it, Make it your own, and feel the BANG!"

Watch the video below.... THEN click here ---> Find your InnerDDPeace here



No comments:

Post a Comment