Monday, April 14, 2014

Waiting for Change

So no I am not talkin about change you get when you buy something.  This one is about you, me, our lives.   And I am just as guilty as I'm sure many of you are too.  There are parts of our lives we wait for it to change, or even wish for it to change.  Well there is a problem with that.  If all we are doing is waiting for something to happen or someone to do something for us, well we will stay right where we are and nothing will ever change.

Ya I know I tossed a little more at you right up front then I normally do.  So let's see where we go with this from here.

I know I have been, and sometimes I may still be, but I am working on it, " Waiting for change".  But one thing that I did take control over, you know something that I can do something about is me and my health and well being.  That all began not that long ago when I stumbled upon DDPYoga.   I won't go over how and all that as you can read about that here... "My Story and how I got to DDPYoga".  That was my very first blog entry from September 20th 2012.  My start date with DDPYoga was September 1, 2012.  That was the day that I choose to take my life back.  From that moment I stopped "Waiting for change". 

You see I was waiting for something in my life to change, you know if just one thing would change then maybe something else would.  Kinda like the domino effect (no not the pizza).  But before that date Sept 1st that is all I was doing was waiting.  Not taking charge of my life, not being accountable for what happened in my life.  Sure some parts of my life were moving right along, but I knew things could be better, and I knew I could be better.  My health was going in a downhill manor.  which in turn my self confidence was going way down.  Oh hell who am I trying to BS... my self confidence was crap.  But I knew how to keep up appearances.  You know put on a good face.  

Now I could blame different circumstances, or make an excuse, which I did a lot of before then.  but that day I stopped waiting and choose to take control, that day I chose to make a change was the beginning.  The beginning of the new me, getting back to who I was and developing the new me of who I will be.  I know I still have a ways to go.  BUT everyday, every workout I am getting better and stronger.   But something else that has happened along this journey is that I am regaining my confidence.  And that is because I am believing in myself and my abilities and I have chosen to "Own MY Life".  If you take the time to break down Diamond Dallas Page's "Live Life at 90%" speech.  You will realize there is so much more that we can do.  Now I have to admit I have not listened to it just once.  I have probably listened to it at least 25+ times over the last 19 months.  I have accepted that Life is only 10% what happens and 90% how we "React, Adapt, Take Action, and Breathe" and "Learning that Failure is not an option".  Now that is not to say I have not slipped from time to time over my journey (which is still and always will be continuing).  But when I did slip I did not sit back and wait for something to change.  I may have took some time to breathe, but I am still moving forward. 

So where am I today?  Where are you today?  For me I am moving forward, I have a plan, I am building my steps to get to where I am going.  I remind myself everyday that I CAN do this and I CAN make today a GREAT day.  It is a process.  For some it may come easier, for others it may take a bit more work.  But in the end it is all about the effort we are willing to put in.  Always know that YOU CAN.

One last thing for this batch of bubbles... DO NOT stress yourself out by comparing your progress or achievements to what others have done.  Everyone is different and as long as we are doing something positive to move ourselves forward we will get there.  Remember....

One Moment One Day
at a
Time
Have a GREAT Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment