Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Sweet Potato Pancake experiment

So here is another one of my recipes...

Now before we get to the good one (when I finally figured it out) I will share the first attempt.  The one that I, well lets just say it didn't work out like I had originally planned.

BUT... Just like everything in life, there will be times when things just don't work out.  Are they failures?  I choose to think they are just lessons along the way.  The only failures we have are the attempts we never make.

OK.... I know get on with it already...

So here was the first go at it.  (Viewer beware, these are not "pretty pics")

 

                        

So ok, I learned my lesson on this attempt. but this is what I did on the one above (on 5/17/14)...
I was trying to make a 3 ingredient baked sweet potato waffle or pancake.
  • Attempt #1 was baked sweet potato, coconut, and chia
  • Attempt #2 was baked sweet potato, Coconut, Chia, and I added an egg.
This was not good.  everything was falling apart, sticking, and separating, oh ya burning as well.   

Now did I let that stop me... come on you know better than that!

Thursday I baked 2 more sweet potato's, let them cool and then put them in glass containers and stored them in the fridge.  I also found out you can do this and they will keep for about 5 days so you have them to use when you need them.  
(Baking time is about 2.5 hours wrapped in foil at about 375)

OK Now on to the one that worked....

I simplified it even more, but this time I blended it in my Ninja, using the single serve cup.

This is what I did.... ready, cause I don't want to loose ya....
  • Pealed the sweet potato
  • put it in the Ninja cup
  • added 3 eggs
  • added 2 scoops of Chia seeds and about a tablespoon of cinnamon, and a dash of nutmeg.
  • Blended it...really good
  • Then I spooned it out onto the hot griddle.
(This made 9 medium -small pancakes)
That's it, on I flipped them too, about 2 minutes per side (depending on your griddle)

These are FANTASTIC.  For the seasons, that is totally up to you, I have a thing for cinnamon so that's why I use it.





No comments:

Post a Comment