Monday, September 1, 2014

Choices and Decisions 2yrs of DDPYoga & a video blog

Sooo... Just to get it out of the way, TODAY is my 2 year anniversary.  2 years ago today is when I drew the line in the sand and choose to go "all in".  It was the beginning of something that has changed my life.  Am I done... far from it.  I still have a ways to go, but I am so much closer today than I was 2 years ago.

OK, now on with my "bubbles" (I will try to keep it short since I ramble about this in my video blog below).

We all have choices and decisions to make as we go thru life.  They are inevitable, the happen all the time, and they can and do affect our lives and the lives around us, whether we want them to or not.  All we can do is our very best and then we have to live with them.  Now you may think they are one in the same but they are a bit different...

Let’s look at the definitions in Dictionary.com:
Decision:  the act of or need for making up one’s mind.
Choice:  the right, power, or opportunity to choose.

With decision, it is more of a process orientation, meaning we are going through analysis and steps to eliminate (or, cut off) options.

With choice, it is more of a mindset approach, meaning we have a perception of what the right or wrong choice may be.

You have the choice to "Own Your Life", but you have to decide to "Live Life at 90%" otherwise you will let your life drive your direction.  And we all know what direction we want and need to go... FORWARD.

So the choice and decision is yours, what you choose to do will guide you in where you go.


2 comments:

  1. Great stuff Don - Happy 2nd DDP Yoga Anniversary!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina, I feel like I am just getting started. I know there is so much more ahead of me!

      Delete