Monday, August 17, 2015

The Beginning of a new beginning

The beginning of a new beginning...


So 2015 has not really gone the way I had planned for multiple reasons.  But I am not going to write it off completely as there have been accomplishments, just not all the I had planned on, but some that I didn't;

  -Quit the use of tobacco after 20+ years of usage. 
  -Went to Las Vegas to see my Mentor/Friend Diamond Dallas Page get presented a couple of well deserved awards. And got to spend time with some good DDPYoga friends. 
  -Saw my brother get married, and had all the family together. 

Those are the positives, so far...  I acknowledge the negatives and I'm not going to list them because they are not my focus, my focus is on the positive and the future.  
So beginning August 18, 2015 begins the journey back.   This is the day my ankle gets fixed (surgery for a torn tendon and damaged ligaments).  I know there will be work to do to get back to where I need to be so that I can get back to working on me.  As I am not starting over but rather starting from where I am.  I know the way as I have been down this stretch of road before so I know what needs to be done.  




But first things first, I will have to heal and rehab the ankle.  I have no idea what is in front of me as this is a new road, but I know that I will get to the point where I can begin my DDPYoga journey again.  3-6 months is what the doctors say is the recovery back to "100%".  So I should be able to "Begin the New Beginning" by December.  So in December I will take my 6 pictures and measurements and get this going again.  






Until then my plan is to focus on my nutrition, focus on my rehab, and focus on me and where I'm going and not where I haven't been.  

DB2= 
Dedication & Discipline
Balance & Believe

I've never left, I have fallen and I will always get back up, I AM worth more!
www.db-2.com


2 comments:

  1. I always love your positivity, Don! Thinking of you as you go into your surgery and I'll send lots of awesomeness your way! Love you!!!! Kelly B!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, I use the positivity to fight the negative. We all have it, including me. I try to use what I was taught as a kid, there is far too much negativity in the world, and it usually gets us no where. Love ya back!

      Delete