Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Opportunity vs Risk


Something that got me thinking was from being on my first ever "Video Pod Cast" last night with my friend and fellow DDPYoga buddy Slim, and his and his wife Laura, "The Next 40 days".

It was a simple statement and I know how I am, I analyze everything, just little things can change the meaning of everything for me.  Actually it was 2 different words / phrases (this I'll call part 1)...

"Opportunity" vs "Risk"

To me the word "risk" carries a bit of a negative chance to it.  I prefer to use the word Opportunity.  In life we have Opportunities every day, no "Risk" involved.  We also can make our own Opportunities if we so choose, but we can also miss out on an Opportunities.  If we never try we will never know what we could accomplish, was there "Risk" involved?  Some may say so, but it was an Opportunity that was taken to get to a "Next step".  Kind of like what they do with "The Next 40 days".  They are making changes and challenging themselves with new Opportunities with each 40 day challenge.  Sure 40 days may not seem long, but it is a step in a new direction, a chance at a new Opportunity to grow and maybe even a chance to open up to a new Opportunity. 

Everything we do has an effect on what we do either in our lives or someone else's.  There are Opportunities everywhere, but most of them get ignored because we "don't have time", or we are "to busy".  

So is it a "Risk" or an " Opportunity" that we take when we challenge ourselves?  It's not for me to say what others do, but for me I see life as an " Opportunity" to do something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment