Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Choices, Accept, Destiny


My Journey is not unlike many others.  I am just a regular person just like many of ya'll. 
Sometimes I have stumbled, other times I push myself beyond where I even knew I could go.  It is something that I have to concentrate on every day.  I know where I am going and I know where I have been.
 

DDPYoga is my vehicle that I use.  I am still working at Owning my life.  Why, well because I am worth it, as you are.   No one can do more for yourself than you.  But it depends on you.  
I came to a point where I knew I had to make a change and like a light in the distance DDPyoga popped into my life like a beacon.
 





Now it won't magically change your life, but if you get in and make the choice, it can be a vehicle to help you get to where you want to be.  And one change can affect so many other parts of your life.  DDPyoga has opened my world up to things that I would have never imagined, and shining lights in other parts of my life that I once considered closed.

I am working on my life, but I am where I am because of the choices that I have made in the past.   I know this and I have come to accept it.  I cannot blame anyone or anything for where I am.  But I can change my destiny, which changes with everything I do each day.

CHOICES
choice 
1. The act of choosing; selection.
2. The power, right, or liberty to choose; option.
3. One that is chosen.
4. A number or variety from which to choose: a wide choice of styles and colors.
5. The best or most preferable part.
6. Care in choosing.
7. An alternative.

We have to make a choice every day.  Some have effects on how our day will go, others may not effect anything that we see immediately.  But they all have an effect on some part of our life.
When you make the "Choice" to change your life the only thing left to do is to develop your plan and initiate it.  No one else can do this except you.
You can do anything, but you have to make the choice and commit to where you want to go.

ACCEPT
accept 
1. to take or receive (something offered)
2. to give an affirmative reply to to accept an invitation
3. to take on the responsibilities, duties, etc., of he accepted office
4. to tolerate or accommodate oneself to
5. to consider as true or believe in (a philosophy, theory, etc.) I cannot accept your argument
6. (may take a clause as object) to be willing to grant or believe you must accept that he lied
7. to receive with approval or admit, as into a community, group, etc.
8. (Business / Commerce) Commerce to agree to pay (a bill, draft, shipping document, etc.), esp by signing
9. to receive as adequate, satisfactory, or valid
10. to receive, take, or hold (something applied, inserted, etc.)

We have to be able to accept where we are in life.  That doesn't mean we have to stay there, but we have to accept and take responsibility for why we are where we are.  Good or Bad, we are the ones that got us to where we are.  And once we accept that then we can begin to move forward.
I know that my choices over time have led me to where I am, and I can change where I am going, and I have accepted that, it is my responsibility to myself. 
Now that is not to say that everything in my life is bad, I am blessed in more ways than I can count, and I accept those.  But I know that I can do better and be a better person.

DESTINY
destiny
1. the future destined for a person or thing; fate; fortune; lot
2. the predetermined or inevitable course of events
3. (Philosophy) the ultimate power or agency that predetermines the course of events

My destiny is up to what I do today.  I can choose where I will end up by the actions I take today.  Sure we all have a beginning and an end, but it is up us what we do with the middle.  Right now I am where I am suppose to be.  But every day the choices that I make will alter where I will be tomorrow. 
I know that discipline not desire will determine my destiny.  What my future holds is dependent on what I do today. 

If I want to be the person that I know I can be then I will get there.  But that is a choice that I have made, and I have accepted that choice because my destiny is what I make of it.  That is something that is changing with everything I do each day.


One Moment One Day at a time I am OWNING MY life

No comments:

Post a Comment