Friday, August 16, 2013

The road ahead...



So I over think things sometimes I know this and I am OK with it.  But something I have learned this past year is to focus more on the here and now and the road ahead rather than the road I've been on.

This goes in line with DDP's Live life at 90%.  "Focus on the positive, acknowledge the negative".  There is NOTHING that can be done about what you have done in the past or what has happened.  But you can learn from your past and use those things to make a better future.

Oh I need to point out something first before I go on with this...

This is my blog, and a part of the journey that I am on, working towards "Destination Me" with DDPYoga.  Now if you are reading this you are not a follower in this journey.  I consider you a part of my journey. I am not looking to see how many clicks I can get or any of that.  We are all in this together.  What is this?  This is Life.  Not a competition, but a journey to help each other along.  So if any of (what I like to call it) "Stuff from my head", helps you then cool.  If you disagree with it, that's cool too.

OK then back to where I was going (though I may veer off again without warning).



We have all had "Bumps in the road of life", and we have managed to get thru them.  Typically there are no signs to mark them out for us, but sometimes there are things that we ignore that were there to warn us of trouble coming.  Occasionally we are running down a path and we need to change course a bit.  But that is all part of it.  There will always be an obstacle to work thru or around.  As long as we know where we are going and have the discipline we will get there.


Oh but what happens when we lose that "discipline"?  Well we have to pick ourselves back up and start again.  But never just say "I can't", We CAN do many things and usually we are our worst enemies.  We can talk ourselves out of anything.  You may have those in your life that don't want to see you succeed because they may be jealous of what you are accomplishing.   It is up to you to recognize that and know where you are going. 

Make your own map and figure out where you've been, where you are, and where you plan on going.  Will it change, most likely, will it be easy, nope, will it be worth it?  As long as you are doing it for the right reasons and you believe.  But more importantly you have to believe in YOU.



We all have this idea of where we are and where we thought we would be at one point or another.  I have and I even have some of them written down.  Can I check them all off, nope.  Am I overly worried about any of it, nope.  Because instead of looking at what I have yet to accomplish I can look at what I have.  (See I did bring this back around to the beginning.) 

So make your list, your map, whatever, but write it down, and write down the extra things that happen along the way too.  You will be surprised when you see your path and your accomplishments.  BUT again don't dwell on what you've done cause then you may miss out on the things yet to come.  Keep looking forward, keep moving forward.


What you do today WILL change what you can do tomorrow.  So be sure to make today count.


No comments:

Post a Comment