Tuesday, December 17, 2013

No one is perfect


So where do I go with this one today?  We are all going to stumble from time to time, I know I have over this last year (hell I have stumbled from time to time my whole life).  But one thing I can say is that I have gotten back up every time.

Sure we all know that life happens and that is an easy excuse to fall back to.  But with every obstacle we encounter there lays an opportunity.  Sometimes it takes a lil more effort to get back up and get going.  As long as we get back up we are never defeated.  Do not dwell on your stumbles, acknowledge them and keep moving.  If you have heard DDP speak then you have heard him say (as well as others)  "Acknowledge the negative and focus on the positive."  We know that we give power to whatever it is we are focusing on.  And if we spend all our time focusing on the negatives in our lives, then we will never get to where we need to be.

So OK, I know this is not confession, and if you have followed me here or on FB you know what has happened in my lil world this year.  But there are other things that I have not publicized, some may be lil things, you know the day to day stuff.  But that's ok, because I know what I have and have not done.  I know where my focus is.  Sure my lil world did take a hit this year, and it has taken me a lil longer than I even would have realized to fully get back up.  But ya know what I never stopped moving forward, I never quit.  I may have slowed down a bit, but I adjusted to the 10% of life that happened, and I dealt with the 90%.  There were a few people that I leaned on from time to time, to those THANK YOU. 

The key to anything is consistency.  Map out a plan and do the work.  No one is perfect in ANYTHING they do.  Some may like to think they are but the reality is that we all will fall, we all will modify, we all have to adjust.  If you're looking for the "perfect life", the "perfect body", or the "perfect relationship", well I am no bubble buster, but in this case I may be.  There is none.

What is "Perfect"
1. having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be.
2.absolute; complete (used for emphasis).

See even the definition itself says it... "as good as it is possible to be".  So why would we ever settle on trying to be "perfect"?  Our possibilities are only limited by us.  Our lives are not perfect, we all have flaws, but it is those flaws that make us who we are and show us that we CAN do better.

So whatever it is you are working on keep working at it.  One day everything else will fit together as it should.  But ONLY if you are willing to put in the work, yep it comes back to us.  We do not live in a fantasy world where things "just happen".  And we should never strive to be "perfect", because we know that our possibilities are only limited by us.

So I may have gone a lil to the left and a lil to the right in this.  But ya know what I know I am not "perfect".  I have and continue to modify and adjust along my life journey, and my DDPYoga journey, and somehow they have joined and I am moving forward with both.  Do I know where life will take me?  Nope, but I do know that I am moving forward and I am Owning MY Life, One Moment One Day at a time.
Here is a lil formula I thought of this mornin, and it fits for everything and everyone...

Never Give Up + Keep Moving forward + One Moment One Day at a time =
"Own Your Life"


No comments:

Post a Comment