Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolve or Commit

So this entry may go all over the place.  But it is what it is...
To start out with I was curious and wanted to share the definition of "Resolution".

res·o·lu·tion
noun
1. a firm decision to do or not to do something.
2. the action of solving a problem, dispute, or contentious matter

So now that I got that out of the way.  Many will make the so called "resolution" tonight or tomorrow.  but why not make a commitment to yourself.  We are worth a commitment, we are worth the effort that goes along with a commitment.  Sure I could direct this towards our health and fitness, and I could say don't waste your money on a gym membership and instead go with DDPYoga since it is more than "just" a workout it's a lifestyle.  But instead I am going to take this in multiple directions. 

We need to make commitments to make our lives better, and the lives around us better.  I know I have said it before everything leads to something else, and all it takes is one step in a direction to change everything.   We know that everything in life is connected in one way or another.  It all depends on how we choose to deal with life and what we do when life events happen to us.  You know the 4 lil things that apply to everything... "React, Adapt, Take Action, Breathe".

So I'm not going to recap this past year, there were a lot of things that happened in my life and the lives around me this year.  There were happy times and sad times, there were losses and gains, a few stumbles, and a few leaps.  But 2013 is in the past and I will look forward to the future, but I will not over look the now.  We are all where we are right now to led us to where we are going. 

Now what??  Where do we go from here?  That is a choice we each have to make, a commitment, a decision that only we can make for ourselves. 

For me it is time to make my list, what I like to call a "Master Plan".  Then from that I will break it down into sections.  There are many examples of how others have made it to where they are and how they got there.  But the one example that matters the most to you is YOU.

Make a choice now, are you going to "try" or are you going to "do it", are you going to "OWN IT".

Whatever it is that you want  in life you need to write it down and make it achievable. 


You are the ONE that can make your life what you want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment