Saturday, February 15, 2014

What drives YOU

Here we go, the bubbles seemed to be revved up!!  I know that was silly, but oh well.
So that is the question today... What is it that drives you.  Without having something to work towards then what are we doing?  This applies to everything we do in life.  But we need to find our reason.  And sometimes that may seem to be difficult, but that's only because we make it that way.

It doesn't matter what you want out of your life there is something, some reason we do what we do.  There always is.  The trick here is figuring out what our reason is and either give it some gas, or dump it.  Yep there are some things in life that we just need to dump because they are not taking us down the right path.  That is where we need to be able to recognize those that are driving us down the wrong path.  We like to use those reasons to drive us down instead of up.  We all have them and we use them to try and justify why we do some of the things we do.  Now to flip the coin, there are some reasons that we do things that better ourselves.  What I have come to realize is that everything in life will drive us one way or the other.  We sometimes just sit back and go for the ride instead of taking the wheel and choose which way we are going to go.  You know that lil phrase applies here to... "Own Your Life".

It is up to us to figure out what our driving factors are.  We need to take responsibility for where we are and where we have been.  The places that we have been, where they places that we choose to go, or did we just let life happen and let circumstances dictate where we would end up.  And yes I am going to go back around to this one to... "Live Life at 90%"  Life truly is only 10% what happens and the rest is up to us.  How did we React, Adapt, Take Action, and Breathe during those "Life events"?  What was it that got us to those points?  Were we the ones driving down that path or were we sitting back and just going along for the ride?

Me, well I have to admit I have been both the driver and passenger in my life.  Not everything has worked out they way I had thought it would so far.  I can say that I have looked back, and I am the one responsible for where I am at today.  And that's OK, because I know where I am today, and I can see the direction that I am going.  Why, because I have taken the wheel and I am now the one driving.  Now that's not to say I won't slide over and let someone else drive from time to time.  We all need a lil help from time to time.  But when I do slide over it will be a choice.  We cannot do this thing called life alone. 

What are some of my driving forces?  What are your driving forces?  Everyone's will be a lil different, and some will be the same.  We need to choose what drives us in the direction that we want to go.  For me I have multiple things that I am working on, some of my reasons may overlap and some may be different, but they all have one thing in common.  That is me, I know... what are you rambling about now.    For me everything starts and end with me.  I am the one responsible for my life and where it goes.  If I want to healthier, that is up to me and what I do, don't do, and what I choose to fuel my body with.   If I want to be successful in whatever I choose to do, then that depends on me, what I choose to do, don't do and how I position myself in what I am working to succeed at.  And I could go on and on, but you get the point. 

If we look at what we perceive to be a success of others, they all have something that drives them to get to where they are...  Is it impossible for others to achieve what they want to accomplish, NO.  Anything is possible, it all depends on if we are willing to put in the work and take control of our lives and get to where we want to be.  

Sure this has to do with my experiences that I have had along my DDPYoga journey.  But if it wasn't for me stumbling on the Arthur video about 18 months ago when I had had enough, and I had gotten mad at myself and realized I need to make change.  That was the first step.  I took control and I decided it was time for me to start driving my life.  I had sat back and waited for something to change and nothing was changing, well let me take that back, everything was changing, but in the wrong direction.   I was not happy with myself and where I was in my life.  And today life is better, and I see it getting better every day.  So everything is connected in some way and it does all come back to me (you).

Whatever it is you want in life, it is up to you to make it happen.

If I can, then you can too.

Live your life, OWN YOUR LIFE


One Moment, One Day at a time


No comments:

Post a Comment