Thursday, February 13, 2014

Challenges

So let's get this one started.  Before I get to deep into this one... I know that have been a bit quiet for about 2 weeks on my blog.  And yes I have stuff to deal with just like everyone else.  And this blog is just a reflection of what is on my mind and motivation to help me push thru, you know reminders.  I express myself better in writing, and I enjoy it.  It's like a release for me.  But on the other side of it, I know that I'm not the only person that is going thru life's challenges.  So if some of this helps you along the way you are welcome to share the bubbles that I come up with if you think it may help .  We are all traveling thru this world together, and we are meant to help each other along the way.

So what have I been doing for the last 2 weeks?  Aside from my daily bubbles that I post on FB, reminders for myself.  I have been on the shelf with my DDPYoga, but I did start back up Wednesday this week.  Why, well I woke up 2 weeks ago and I had severe pain in my shoulders and my neck to the point it hurt to move.  Now I want to assure you I did not injure myself while doing DDPYoga.  I think it was a combination of other stuff I had been doing.  But anyways it has gotten better but I'm taking it slow.  I don't like to post about my aches and pains, because we all have them,  But anyways I will continue to move forward.

Now let's get back on today's subject "Challenges"...

We all have come across life's challenges and we will come across them again, it's just part of it.  But it is what we do with them when we come across them that will either make us better, or we let them take over.  The trick is figuring out how we are going to navigate them.

Sure we have some physical challenges, but if you stop and think about it those can be overcome, it is up to us to put in the work.   Take a look at the many examples of what others have accomplished physically, the only way they were able to do that was they decided that they were not going to be limited.  It was a choice that they made and they did it.  So it is possible, anything is.

I know there are many different challenges, we all face them and some may be similar, and some may be different.  Whether they are mental, emotional, physical, financial, relationships  or whatever other type you can think of .  The bottom line is we can overcome and accomplish anything, but it all begins with us.  If it is assistance we need, it is up to us to reach out and ask for it.  We all need help from time to time.  We like to let a lil thing called pride get in our way.  Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to ask for help.  Believe me I understand that one all too well.  But if that is what it takes to move past a challenge you are facing then again it comes back to you.  Remember there is no shame in asking when you are already trying.

So no matter what the challenge is, no matter what the goal is write it down and figure out how you are going to get there.  I recently looked back at what I like to call "My Master Plan" from 2008.  And I did accomplish the majority of them that I wrote down for that year.  But I have also learned something from that plan.  I accomplished all but the last one on the list.  What did I learn??  Order is important!  And though I may have accomplished 5 out 6 (which is pretty good), I let myself get sidetracked and hung up on other stuff.  And I let other things slip thru the cracks, like my health.  Well now that I have learned and understand another lesson, now I know.  And yep it rolls back to what mine (and some of yours) yogi, sensei, friend, etc (Diamond Dallas Page) has taught us.

S  pecific                 D o it
 M easurable             O wn it
  A chievable goals     W rite it
   C ompatible               N ever Quit
    K eep it Going

It really does apply to everything in life that we are working on. 

And I know I have said it before and there is a good chance I will say it again, more for a reminder for myself, even though I have it written down on my big board in the living room.

So let me wrap up this overflowing batch of bubbles today.  We know we will have challenges, but we also know that they are placed in front of us to make us better.  So either we let them knock us down or we face them head on and accomplish them because we know we CAN.

Remember what the word means, and never limit what you do, because we all can do so much more than we think.


chal·lenge
noun
1.a call or summons to engage in any contest, as of skill, strength, etc.
2.something that by its nature or character serves as a call to battle, contest, special effort, etc.:Space exploration offers a challenge to humankind.
3.a call to fight, as a battle, a duel, etc.
4.a demand to explain, justify, etc.: a challenge to the treasurer to itemize expenditures.
5.difficulty in a job or undertaking that is stimulating to one engaged in it.


verb (used with object), chal·lenged, chal·leng·ing.
11.to summon to a contest of skill, strength, etc.
12.to take exception to; call in question: to challenge the wisdom of a procedure.
13.to demand as something due or rightful.
14.Military . to halt and demand identification or countersign from.
15.Law. to take formal exception to (a juror or jury).
verb (used without object), chal·lenged, chal·leng·ing.
21.to make or issue a challenge.
22.Hunting. (of hounds) to cry or give tongue on picking up the scent.
adjective
23.donated or given by a private, corporate, or government benefactor on condition that the recipientraise an additional specified amount from the public: a challenge grant.

Source Dictionary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment