Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Complacent


We all get to this point at different points of our lives, no matter what it is we are doing.  Whether it's with our day to day activities (or lack of), our family or friends, work, our eating habits, or out workout routines.  We all get to the point where we put everything on cruise control.
Here is the definition of the word from merriam-webster.com, just so we are all clear on this...
com·pla·cent
 adjective \kəm-ˈplā-sənt\
: satisfied with how things are and not wanting to change them
:  marked by self-satisfaction especially when accompanied by unawareness of actual dangers or deficiencies :  marked by complacency :  self-satisfied <a complacent smile>

Some may even call in laziness, but whatever it is we need to be able to recognize when it happens and do something about it.

It may happen after you have been working really hard and you start to feel a sense of accomplishment, but are you really done?  That is the question you have to ask yourself.  Just because you have made some great leaps, that doesn't mean you're done.

Now have I gotten complacent?  Sure, on many different things, and I know that I need to kick it up again.  Is it my DDPYoga, ya a bit, I can sit here and make excuses for why I slowed down.  But I do not accept excuses, especially from myself.  Life happens all around us every day.  Did I stop, no, did I stumble, ya a bit.  BUT I never stopped moving forward.  Now some other parts of my life I have stopped, and I know I am better than that.  But the key is I have seen it and I am acknowledging it.  Now it's time to do something about the other parts of my life that I have become "Complacent" in.

You know the routine of everyday life.  Don't accept anything less the absolute best.  You wouldn't accept a half cooked meal at a restaurant,  you wouldn't buy one shoe, so why would you be content with where you are, YOU are not FINISHED.

Don't waste the potential you have... Dig deep.

 I DARE you to reach for your inner "DDP" (no not Diamond Dallas Page, though these are three words that describe him pretty well)...

       Drive
       Determination
       Positivity

Remember, ANYTHING is possible, but it all comes down to YOU. 

Have a great Day  and "OWN YOUR LIFE"




No comments:

Post a Comment