Saturday, October 26, 2013

Surface Comfort




We all have our comfort levels and what we see on the surface is not always what's on the inside.  To find out what is on the inside we have to be willing to do some work.



We have all heard the saying "You can't judge a book by its cover".  You never know what's inside until you open up the book and dig into it.  Well we all have a story, one that is constantly being written.  But the question is who are you letting write your story?  You can let life happen to you and hope for the best or you can choose to take the pen and write it yourself.  You know... "Own Your Life". 

Now you may not be comfortable with stepping outside of your "comfort zone".  But who made that comfort zone?  Who is the one who put restrictions on what you can and can't do.  More than likely it was you.  We are the ones who choose what we will do when life happens, and it will and does every day.  I know life is not "rainbows and puppies".  But here we go again, back to the cornerstone of what DDP says about life and DDPYoga, "Make it Your Own" and "Live Life at 90%".  Don't let that 10% of life dictate how everything else in your life will be.  YOU are the ONE, the ONE who sets your limits. 

I have had my moments, and some of them I have let dictate what direction my life would go.  But I am the one driving now, why, because I can.  What you see on the surface is still me, but what I am doing on the inside is building a better me, which in turn will make the surface a healthier version.  Every day I get a lil more comfortable, and that's when I have to force myself out of my "Comfort zone". 

So what is on the surface of your life, are you stuck in a "Comfort zone".  You can change anything if you are willing to put in the work.  Sure you may stumble from time to time, you may even fall.  But if you are willing to put in the work you can write your own story.

No matter what's on the SURFACE always know you can find comfort in "Owning Your Life"


Some of the people that have changed their surfaces... DDPYoga transformations and inspirations

Some of the people that are still working on their surfaces...DDPYoga members-under-construction

No comments:

Post a Comment