Monday, October 14, 2013

Modify

So I was thinking about this the other day as I was doing my DDPYoga workout, and yes I was modifying a move.  Well, not really modifying, rather "Making it My Own".  Then as I continued on with my workout (I think I was on my second RHC) my mind went to the other things in my life that I modify, and to the things that I just stopped doing for one excuse or another.

We all have things in our lives that we have to modify to get to where we are going, and there is NOTHING wrong with modifying.  But the problem comes in when we just avoid stuff all together.   Now I am just as guilty as the next person.  There are many things that I have avoided because it was too hard, or I had fallen before and instead of getting back up and trying again, I just turned and avoided it all together.  Is that wrong, no not always.  But what am I missing out on?  Why did I do it, was there a reason or was it just an excuse? 

We make excuses all the time and try to justify them to ourselves as a "good reason".  But who are we really hurting?  Who is the one missing out?  What does it matter? 

Over this past year, as I have been on my DDPYoga journey, I have been reawakening so much inside of me.  Stuff that I had buried away, because I didn't feel like I was worth it.  Now I'm not saying that I ignored life.  I continued with the day to day things, and maintained a good front, you know acting like life was all rainbows and puppies.  But I knew inside I was not happy, but I kept pushing thru.  Doing what needed to be done, staying "professional".  Now I could go back and point to different events that happened or try and "justify" the why.  But that will not accomplish anything.  Just as DDP has said, "acknowledge the negative and focus on the positive", well in this case I will modify that and "make it my own"... acknowledge the past, and focus on the future.

Life is full of modifications, we are always having to adjust and keep working on one thing or another.  The one thing we all need to keep in mind is to "Never Give Up".  And that wraps back around to "Living Life at 90%".  You know that simple little phrase has meant so much to me this last year, and I know that I lean on it, but I don't think that's a bad thing... "That's a GOOD thing".

"React, Adapt, Take action, and Breathe"


So modify what you need to, but keep at it, whatever your "it" is.  And one day you will find you are no longer modifying, you are doing it, "Owning It".

No comments:

Post a Comment