Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Adjust

This is what we do every day, "Adjust".  But what are we really doing if we don't have a plan.  I know whoa.... now what is he ranting about?  Not really a rant, just something's that I have to adjust in my life, just like we all have to do from time to time. 

Now I am talking about adapting, though we have to adapt to life events.  But we also have to be able to adjust as we move forward.  Remember there is no reverse in life, we are always moving forward.  Time keeps on moving, it is up to us what we do with it.

So what brought this on today?  Well we all have events and things in our lives that we either choose to accept, address or try to ignore.  But eventually everything will need to be addressed... it will catch up to you eventually. 

For me I know that I have to write things down, this way I can see where I am and where I am going.  I started making lists a while ago, not really understanding what I was doing.  But now I have a little better understanding.  Not saying I am an expert, because I am far from that.  Just a guy with a lot bubbling around in my head (and sometimes a bit too much).  Anyway, if you write it down you will have a "goal" to reach for.  I like to make what I call "Master Plans".  I have several of them, and they are always having to be adjusted, and that's OK.  You can think about an idea, but eventually something will take its place in your mind.  You know that thing we have heard Dallas say before... "ink it, don't just think it".  Well there is a lot to that.  But you have to be able to make adjustments to your plan from time to time, because life WILL change.

So here are a few Google definitions:
React:  verb
respond or behave in a particular way in response to something.

Adaptverb
make (something) suitable for a new use or purpose; modify.

Adjust:  verb
alter or move (something) slightly in order to achieve the desired fit, appearance, or result.


Something they all have in common is they are all verb's, you know things that we do, things that "Take Action"  which means " To act; to act positively and decisively to resolve a problem".

So are we suppose to sit around and let our lives just happen?  Life is full of events for us to act upon.  But if we let one thing get in our way and stop us then we have given up.  We have taken an action by giving up.  We can never give up because life is all about "Taking Action", Reacting, Adapting, and Adjusting as we move forward, in a positively and decisively manor.

There will be moments that you may slow down a bit, and that is OK.  Just don't linger there, take a moment to "Breathe" and then refocus on where you are and keep moving forward.

Make a list today, a plan.  It doesn't have to be a life list.  Start slow and plan out your week, but make it achievable, so that you can accomplish it, and then move on from there.  Just don't be afraid to adjust, it is and will be OK.

Believe in YOU-Live your Life

and

 Live Each Moment 




No comments:

Post a Comment