Thursday, March 20, 2014

Restoration

So here we go again... This one actually came to mind the other night after I watched "Fast N' Loud", you know the Gas MonkeyGarage show where they restore or make old cars new again.  You know they make them look all pretty and sparkly and they go faster and run better than they did when they were new.  You know after most of them have been forgotten about for years and neglected.  That's kinda what I'm doing (as you probably are too). 

So I  know you're thinkin he has lost his mind on this one.... but bear with me for a lil bit, I think I can tie this up and make it make sense.


Just like an old car that once was so pretty and ran great so many years ago, I too once was "so pretty and ran great".  But over the years I neglected myself and forgot to take care of ME.  Over the last 18 months I started the restoration process of ME with the tool box of DDPYoga.  It's just like fixin a car, it takes time and effort.  Those cars they fix on TV don't just happen in an hour, they take time, and then as they go they discover lil things that need more attention.  Every once in a while something gets in the way and they get off schedule and the timeline they had gets extended.  Another thing that show has in common with DDPYoga is that it takes a team to rebuild their cars, and that is where TEAMDDPYoga comes in to play.


So what does it take to make me and you all sparkly and new again?  You know so that we feel better, run better, live better?  Well you need to have a plan, you need the proper tools, and you need a team of people.  We will never be what we once were, but we can be better than we were.  It doesn't matter how old we are, some older models need a little bit more work and need a lil more time than the younger models (people).  But we all can be better, healthier, stronger.

What I have learned so far along my restoration process with my tool box of DDPYoga is that it is so much more than just a single tool in the toolbox.  It is a total tool kit.  Not just for my body but for my mind.  You have probably heard DDP say it before, you have to get your mind right.  And the more I work on ME the more my mind gets right.  I know that I have gotten of my schedule, but I have never just parked myself and said forget about it, I'm not worth it.  Life continues to happen all around us and we need to be able to use all the tools in the toolbox.  And yes I am going back to the 2 phrases, what I like to think is the base of the DDPYoga tool kit... "Live Life at 90%" and "Own Your Life".  Without those two I would have given up on ME a long time ago.  But there is one more key piece to the tool kit of DDPYoga...  And that is the TEAM, the support that comes with it.  Just like trying to rebuild that old car, not one person can do it on their own it takes a group of people, a team.  Everyone has different experiences, and someone may know a better way to get thru the rough edges.  But we all work together to make some amazing restorations.  Just look at all the "Sparkly" new models that have already been restored...

  
So no matter where you are at in your restoration process know that whatever you run into you CAN work it out.  You can become better than you once were and be all "Sparkly & New" again, it's just going to take a lil time and effort.  And know that you are not doing this by yourself.

Just like any of the workouts... "Check your ego at the door" and "make it your own".  Every life is different but we all have similar goals.  Know that there are no two restorations that will look the same because we are all different, but we are all the same.

Be Healthy, Happy,
and live a life you are proud of.


2 comments: